- Who do I call if my student lost something on the bus?
- Will crossing guards be provided on all busy streets?
- Is this a tax-deductible expense?
- Who administers this program?
- Will the district issue each student a pass showing he/she is eligible to ride the bus?
- Will the driver know if the student is registered and has paid the fee?
- Can a student bring their instrument on the bus?
- What items are not allowed on the bus?
- Will special education students be required to purchase a bus pass?
- Will a student enrolled in a school under the District’s Parent Option Program (POP) plan be permitted to ride a district bus?
- Will a student enrolled in a school under the District’s open enrollment plan be permitted to ride a district bus?
- Can my child’s friend ride home on the bus if the friend has not paid the bus fee?
Questions About Fees
We assess a transportation fee for bus service for all public and private school students who reside within two miles of the school they attend. Because the school bus is the safest way to get to and from school, all families are strongly encouraged to register for bus service.
- Who decided that families residing within two miles of school might be required to pay a fee for bus service?
- Does $100 cover the full cost of transportation?
- Is my bus fee waived if I qualify for the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Program?
- What is the cost per student? Is there a maximum cost per family?
- If my child does not ride the bus everyday or only one-way will the fee be prorated?
- How is the scholarship fund financed?
- Will the fee impact both public and non-public students?
- If we reside in the fee area will my child be able to walk to a bus stop outside the two-mile area and ride the bus without charge?
- If we begin or end the service at less than a full year will the cost be prorated?